SOLiD Expands Team to Achieve Record Growth in DAS and Mobile Backhaul Divisions
Key Additions Made in Sales, Sales Engineering, Product Management, Services, Logistics and Finance Groups
November 28, 2012, Roseburg, OR - SOLiD has bolstered its team with strategic hiring of top talent within the Company’s Distributed Antenna System (DAS) and Optical Transport business units. These key additions have resulted in marquee customer wins and record revenue growth achieved to-date in 2012. Key additions include Eric Carey as Director of Support and Services, Charlie Hancock as Director of Optical Solutions Sales, JP Headley as Corporate Controller and Kevin Vierling as Director of Product Management:
- As Director of Services and Support, Eric Carey leads the management of SOLiD’s growing list of complex, large-scale DAS and Mobile Backhaul deployments at hospitals, universities, stadiums and other public and corporate venues. Formerly with Sprint Nextel where he oversaw the national deployment of hundreds of DAS projects each year, Eric possesses expertise in both project delivery and customer support.
- Charlie Hancock joins SOLiD as Director of Optical Solutions Sales. He possesses more than 30 years of sales, management, business development and engineering experience within the optical transport and networking industries including positions at Optelian, Redfern Broadband Networks, Sycamore Networks and Marconi. Charlie is responsible for driving sales for SOLiD’s optical transport and mobile backhaul solutions within the commercial cellular, education, healthcare and traditional telecom markets.
- J.P. Headley joins SOLiD as Corporate Controller with more than 15 years of accounting and finance experience at private and publicly-traded companies including NextG Networks and Openwave (now Unwired Planet). JP is responsible for all aspects of finance including financial modeling, planning, budgets and operational accounting.
- Kevin Vierling is Director of Product Management. Kevin is responsible for managing SOLiD product initiatives throughout the product lifecycle including defining the vision, planning, execution and market launch. He joins SOLiD from Intenna Systems.
- Dadrian Carrington is Regional Sales Engineer with prior RF planning, engineering and implementation experience at Alcatel Lucent, Powerwave and Verizon.
- David Culpepper possesses more than 15 years of RF engineering experience as Regional Sales Engineer including work at TE Connectivity and Sprint Nextel.
- John Dimitrakakis joins SOLiD from Pinnacle Wireless to manage operations and implementation of large-scale projects such as the Transit Wireless DAS throughout the New York City Subway System.
- Chris Graff joins SOLiD as Regional Sales Manager having amassed RF experience at Manage Mobility and 11 years at Sprint Nextel.
- Danny Kirkendall applies Six Sigma training to his role as Logistics Manager to ensure process efficiencies and warehouse operational excellence.
- Al Sutherland expands SOLiD’s services offerings portfolio through 15 years of experience designing, installing and commissioning DAS systems most recently at Powerwave.
The Company expects to announce the General Availability of operator-specific single-carrier DAS solutions based upon the EXPRESS™ platform by the end of the year.