We hope that your 2013 is off to a great start!
At SOLiD, we’re working off the egg nog from the holiday season and starting to hit our stride in 2013.
Highlights & Milestones
By all accounts, 2012 was our most successful year ever:
- SOLiD DAS solutions were selected and deployed for marquee projects including Paul Brown Stadium, Duke University, Kaiser Permanente, Denver Sheraton and the New York City Subway.
- SOLiD Fiber Transport solutions have been deployed in a number of projects and trials at Carriers and Dark Fiber Providers as well as Government and Education customers.
- Launched the TITAN 20W remote for high-capacity and large coverage spaces.
- Launched INFINITY ACCESS fiber transport solution for 1GE and 10GE DWDM applications and Cell Fronthaul/Backhaul, WiFi Offload and Passive Optical LAN deployments.
- Founded the Safer Buildings Coalition initiative which seeks to ensure coverage for public-safety communications inside buildings using DAS technology.
- Achieved certifications and compliance with Kentrox, C Squared and OSHPD. (Check out our OSHPD seismic testing video)
- Expanded the SOLiD team with top-notch talent to support our valued customers and partners.
In The News…
- Sharpe Smith at AGL (Above Ground Level) wrote about TITAN and how SOLiD is exploring how high-power nodes promote ‘Inside-Out’ DAS coverage at CTIA.
- Joan Engebretson shared SOLiD’s vision for next-generation DAS and Fiber Transport solutions in TMC’s Mobility Techzone.
- MissionCritical Communications featured a case study on how Cape Fear Valley Hospital supports both cellular and public-safety services on a converged DAS platform from SOLiD.
2013 Key Initiatives
- EXPRESS PS – Based upon the EXPRESS single-carrier DAS platform, EXPRESS PS is a public-safety DAS solution designed for easy deployment to help building and venue owners meet fire codes.
- ALLIANCE MAX – A derivative of the ALLIANCE multi-carrier DAS, ALLIANCE MAX is tailored to meet the needs of venues such as stadiums, airports and convention centers by offering more power and five module slots for support of more wireless services.
- ALLIANCE 2.0 – Building upon the success of the industry’s best-in-class multi-carrier DAS, ALLIANCE 2.0 offers more output power, the ability to support MIMO on a single card, DIN connectors to achieve improved PIM and a new DMS that enables faster and easier provisioning.
- Training – SOLiD is committed to the wireless industry. This includes advancing industry education and supporting professionalism throughout. SOLiD University Online provides an introduction to SOLiD DAS solutions, product components and architecture. And starting in 2013, SOLiD will offer certification courses ideally-suited for your engineers and technical professionals that combine RF fundamentals with hands-on interaction with SOLiD gear. Contact us to register for online courses or learn more about classroom offerings.
- U.S. Headquarters – We’re moving! Our new facility will feature a training and functional product demonstration showcase as well as private meeting rooms. It will also expand our warehouse space three-fold. Conveniently located in Sunnyvale, CA, we expect to move later this quarter.
- SOLiD Website – We will launch a new website later this quarter to feature fresh resources including solution comparison tools, case studies and videos as well as an improved Knowledge and Support Center.
2013 Events Calendar
- Mobile World Congress – Hall 5 Stand 5H35
- HTNG North American Conference – Tabletop # 24
- HIMSS – Booth # 7615
- IWCE – Panel: “In-Building Wireless and DAS”
- DAS in Action – Panel: TBD
- IBTUF – Exhibitor
- DAS Congress – Workshop Sponsor, Panel Sponsor & Exhibitor
- CTIA – Booth # 3963
What’s on Your Mind?
What are your key initiatives for 2013?
We always enjoy interacting with you… in-person at industry conferences and SOLiD training events as well as virtually through The Inside Story and on LinkedIn (be sure to follow us).
(Photo: ell brown)