Don’t worry, our team members are taking some well-deserved time off at some awesome vacation destinations to recharge and close out the year strong (stay tuned for summer vacation photos).
So in following with the example set by America’s Past Time of pausing, reflecting and looking forward at the halfway point of the season, we’re doing same in this post.
It seems that only yesterday we embarked upon some bold initiatives for 2013.
So far this year, we’ve achieved the equivalent of a Grand Slam: SOLiD now provides DAS solutions at stadiums within the NFL, MLB, NBA, NASCAR and MLS. We’re also delivering wireless within an enviable list of NCAA College Football stadiums. What’s next… Cricket, anyone?
You think stadiums are challenging? Try subways. This April, we joined New York dignitaries and wireless executives to celebrate the Phase I launch of cellular and Wi-Fi service in the New York City Subway which runs on SOLiD. Even Michael Bublé got in on the celebration!
Innovation is a key part of our DNA. Recent product and solution initiatives include our battle-tested fiber backhaul solution for the wide-scale deployment of Small Cells and our GameChanger carrier-class Wi-Fi delivery infrastructure. We also launched the SOLiD Link Balancer Unit (LBU) “DAS Tray” and EXPRESS PS single DAS system for public-safety.
But great products and solutions are only part of a full equation. We’ve built a Professional Services organization to add a little muscle when-needed to help our partners and customers implement and manage their SOLiD DAS network. After all, who knows SOLiD gear better than us?
Another core component of SOLiD is Leadership. Passive InterModulation or PIM is arguably our industry’s biggest challenge and we’ve presented best-practices for addressing this at industry events and webinars. We’ve similarly continued to advance the mission of the Safer Buildings Coalition which seeks to ensure that people inside buildings are notified when there is an emergency and that both people and first responders can communicate using cellular and public-safety devices.
Lastly, we completed our move into our new U.S. Headquarters. Our new address increases warehouse and logistical space threefold, houses SOLiD’s live demonstration showcase and SOLiD University™ training classroom, and is the nerve center for our state of the art Network Operations Center (NOC).
In the News
- Seth Buechley dishes with TIA NOW anchor Abe Nejad at CTIA on the convergence of cellular, public-safety and Wi-Fi and shares how these services are being deployed.
- InformationWeek’s Elena Malykhina covers the First Phase of a multi-year plan to bring cellular and Wi-Fi service to 277 New York City Subway underground stations.
- Ken Sandfeld shares with RCR Wireless Editor Jeff Mucci why a scalable fiber infrastructure is needed for future-proof wireless networks having low TCO.
- 2013 SEAT Conference – Gold Sponsor & Panelist: “DAS & The Next Generation of High-Density Networks”
- APCO 2013 – Moderator: “Best-Practices for Converged Public-Safety and Cellular DAS Networks”
- AGL Midwest Regional Conference – Panelist: “Small Cell, DAS, Wi-Fi – the New Wireless Frontier”
- Canadian Wireless Trade Show – Panelist: “Enabling Wireless Communications at Busy Mass Transit Venues”
- 2013 Wireless Infrastructure Show – Sponsor & Panelist